If you so wish, from 19th July you are now no longer required to wear a face mask. However, I still highly recommend doing so, bearing in mind I visit a lot of vulnerable clients and the virus is still transmittable even if you have been vaccinated.
I will continue to disinfect my hairdressing tools and gowns between clients and will be wearing a visor/face mask. Please continue to keep the areas in which the appointment will take place clean and ventilated, as this not only protects you but also makes me feel safer.
I will still be asking if you have or have recently had any COVID-19 symptoms before your appointment.
We’ve all done so well following the rules since the beginning of this pandemic, resulting in me never having to self-isolate or having to tell others to, so let’s please continue with this success rate.
STEPS I HAVE TAKEN TO ENSURE YOUR SAFETY
- My tools and equipment will be sterilised with Barbicide (immersed for the recommended 10 minutes) after each household, so fresh clean ones can be used on you. I will also carry with me a Barbicide surface spray for use during the appointment.
- Barbicide is a hospital grade disinfectant used in the salon industry. It has been tested in a 3rd party lab and been found to be effective against Human Coronavirus. I am qualified in the use of Barbicide for COVID-19 (click to open certificate in popup).
- I will wear a visor or face mask throughout the entire appointment.
- A freshly washed gown will be used per household.
- I will carry anti-bacterial hand gel with me to every appointment, to use regularly along with hand washing for 20 seconds with soap and water.
- I will be staying up-to-date with the latest guidance and keeping you informed of how it applies to my work and your appointment.